Tax Banruptcy Law Houston  
   Home | Attorney Profile | Experience | Links | Services | Tax FAQs | Bankruptcy FAQs | Directions | Contact Us  
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Houston
Tax FAQs 2

Tax Questions:

4. Can bankruptcy help me resolve tax problems?

Certain taxes can be discharged in a bankruptcy. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy can also be used to repay taxes in cases where the IRS is unreasonable in determining payments under an installment agreement or Offer in Compromise.

5. What is a Collection Due Process Hearing?

This is a procedure in which you have the right to request an Appeals Hearing on certain collection procedures such as the filing of Federal Tax Liens, levy on assets, etc. The IRS is prevented from pursuing collection while the request is pending and a denial of the request can be appealed to the Tax Court.

6. Can I be held responsible for taxes owed by my corporation?

There is generally no personal liability for taxes owed by a corporation. However, if the corporation does not pay payroll taxes, the IRS can charge a Trust Fund Penalty for the amount of withheld payroll taxes against you personally.

  Tax Questions  page 1, page 2 -  Bankruptcy Questions  page 1, page 2  


Harlan H. Guettermann, PC

4422 FM 1960 West

Suite 410

Houston, TX 77068


tel 281.587.1040

fax 281.537.9025




©2011 Harlan H. Guettermann, PC.  This law firm is a debt relief agency. We help people file for relief under the bankruptcy code. Harlan Guetterman assists businesses and individuals with credit card debts, tax problems, foreclosure, IRS Offers, Offer in Compromise. tax discharge, tax fraud and tax payment cases, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy, taxes in bankruptcy itself, Internal Revenue Service tax audits, Tax Court, and tax collection actions.


Harlan Guettermann services the following areas: Houston, Spring, Conroe, Montgomery, The Woodlands, FM 1960, Cypress Creek Parkway, Willowbrook, Champions, Klein, Humble, Cypress, Klein, Kingwood, Sealy, Tomball, Katy and Huntsville. Harris, Ft. Bend, Galveston, Montgomery, Waller, Fayette, Colorado, Walker, Austin and Grimes counties.